Careers at Sutherland Landscaping
Are you looking for a fulfilling career in the landscaping industry? Look no further! Sutherland Landscaping is always on the lookout for hardworking, dedicated individuals to join our team.
As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of exciting projects, ranging from small residential gardens to large commercial properties. No matter what project you’re working on, you can trust that you’ll be surrounded by a supportive team of experienced professionals who are dedicated to helping you succeed.
We are a growing landscape company with a focus on commercial and residential landscape maintenance as well as residential landscape renovations. Duties in this role would include, manual labor of all kinds related to landscape work and the operation of various power tools.
Applicants should be in good physical condition, be willing to work outdoors in various weather conditions, be a team player, and have an active driver’s license.
If you’re ready to take the next step in your career and join a company that values its employees, we encourage you to apply today!
At Sutherlands, we believe that culture matters. Because of this, we are committed to the following values that describe the type of company we want to be:
- Servanthood: The core motivation of our company. We want to serve our customers and employees in the same way we would want to be served.
- Hard Work as a Team: We are in this together as a team. We believe that each person is of value and has an important role to play. When things get hard, we work together.
- Attention to Detail: Quality work is all in the details. We strive to be a workplace that has the focus and pacing needed to provide the quality work our customers deserve.
- Positive and Perseverant Attitude: The culture of any company is dictated by the attitude of its people. We seek to be a company that chooses an attitude of joy and perseverance.
- Environment of Care: We are committed to a lifestyle of growth by seeking to become better every day, both for ourselves and for our customers.
Scope Of Work:
- Landscape maintenance work including raking, pruning, pulling of weeds, shoveling, climbing of ladders, and carrying of various landscape materials.
- Operation of power tools and machinery including drills, power clippers, line trimmers, lawn mowers, trucks, and trailers, and at times heavy machinery such as tractors, excavators, and skid steer loaders.
- Working outside in various elements and temperatures such as rain, snow, and full sun as is usual within the lower mainland climate.
Level 1 – Apprentice
Full-time & Seasonal
New to the landscape industry. Looking to learn new skills in a positive team environment.
Level 2 – Lead Hand
Full-time & Seasonal
1-2 years experience in the landscape industry. Passionate to learn more and grow in professionalism and leadership.
Level 3 – Team Leader
Experienced and passionate about the landscape industry. Ready to lead a team and develop others.